Friday 11 January 2013

Hello 2013

So... I haven't blogged in a really long time :(
 
This is mainly due to working two jobs, when I'm not at work I'm shattered and sleeping but hopefully pretty soon that will change and I will have more time for other things I enjoy.
 
Since Christmas I've been taking some well deserved and well earned time off and have finally managed to complete decorating my room.

My mum was lovely and got me some new furniture to welcome me home from University, but I still had a slight storage problem for my make up and nail varnish. I was looking through you tube videos and blog posts and found the IKEA Helmer and it just so happens to be the perfect solution and looks lovely in my room.




I also got some lovely candles from a very good friend that makes my room lovely and homely, it took me forever to persuade my mum to let me light candles in my room... even though I'm 22 I get the impression she thinks I'm a child who is going to burn the house down.

I am in love with my Neom travel candle, it's just the right intensity for my small room and I love how it has nothing harmful in it and that there is no nasty black shoot! As soon as payday arrives I shall be purchasing some more of these beauties as it seems very unlikely that this one is going to last very long!

I have also started a love affair with MAC Cosmetics, there a brand that I have wanted to try for ages but since being a student I've never had the money to spare so now that I'm working it has started to be one of my monthly treats.




I got my dad to pick me up a blusher whilst he was in America (I daren't ask for anything more... it was hard enough persuading him to go to a make up counter for one thing!) and it was a blusher that I instantly fell in love with and is now something that I reach for everyday.

I also recently picked up some lipsticks and lip glosses (unfortunately I've already lost one of the lipsticks on a night out... stupid drunken self!)

The Bobbie Brown counter also called me from afar whilst on a shopping trip and a little purchase was made, it is an adorable pink shimmer blush... review will be coming up soon!


So there are lots of things I need to write some reviews on and now that the love affair with MAC has started I can not see an end to it any time soon the want/need list is forever growing.

Also coming up will be a Birchbox UK review as I decided to re-sub to JolieBox just before the announcement, it will be nice to see how it compares to Glossybox as I'm not sure if having two beauty box subscriptions is a bit much!

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year and I look forward to a happy 2013 of blogging!

xxxx















 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment