Sunday 18 March 2012

Nails of the Day : Rimmel 312 Ultra Violet

So today instead of writing one of the many essays I need to write I decided to give my nails some much needed TLC.

I hate my natural nails, always have! So about a year ago I started getting acrylics nails and if I couldn't afford them I'd put on some Falsies of my own. Due to a few things, including some jobs where I won't be allowed polish or acrylics, I'm ditching the acrylics and trying to get my own nails healthy again.

So with this in mind today I started on that road to recovery for my nails :) I picked up a few nail varnishes from Boots over the weekend and had to try them out today and here are the results (please keep in mind I'm not brilliant at painting nails)

So the colour I choose is this light purple
 I actually really like it, when I was first putting it on I thought it was a bit to bright. I only usually wear really dark nail colours or pink nail colours so this makes a nice change. My nails actually don't look to bad here either which I'm really pleased about, it's probably the first time in a long while that I'm actually okay with how they look.
I used two Nails inc products as well as the Rimmel nail varnish. In an effort to get my nails healthy I'm using the Kensington base coat and top coat. As you can tell from the picture I really like the top coat, mainly because it dries really quickly, I think it's meant to be 45 seconds and as I usually mess my nails up because I try and do things too quickly this top coat is amazing!

Overall I really like the colour have a feeling it will be a colour I'm going to wear a lot over the summer... hopefully on longer and much healthier nails

No comments:

Post a Comment